Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm not great at blogging yet

So, this month has been nuts.  Tomorrow is April.  I really can't believe it.  I know, I know, now I sound like an old person.  Sometimes it really does fly though.  This month I had the distinct privilege of taking a vacation with the one and only Becca Bonas.  It was a great best friend trip.  There's really nothing quite like it.  It was a gift from God for sure.  I needed to sit on a dock in the middle of the intercoastal waterway drinking an Izze and listening to the birds and waves.  I needed to look out on the ocean, so much greater than I can imagine and be reminded that God created more water and land than I can imagine.  He created the tides; I have no idea how tides work (ok, I have an IDEA because I learned it in 4th grade science class.  but c'mon, how many of us cared how the tides worked back then?  I didn't.  I just wanted to go to recess).   I needed to go on a ridiculously long barefoot walk down to a pier that we ultimately weren't allowed to walk out on and make a great memory of sandy, blistery feet and whiny best friends.  I needed to talk about how I'm wrong sometimes,  how grief is longer and worse than you want it to be, and  how anger is an expression of a deeper, underlying emotion.   I'm blessed. 

I'm also grateful for my husband.  Andrew went to a pastoral training conference a couple weekends ago (hence my trip to the beach with Bec).  We were apart for 5 days.  Super, super weird.  It was refreshing in a sense to be reminded of all the reasons I'm grateful for him.  He keeps me laughing all the time and lets me cry when I need to.  He prays with me.  He makes time for me amidst a busy school and work schedule.  I'm grateful for these things.
Andrew also likes to turn P90X yoga into Kung Fu.  I'm grateful for that too; it helps me not to take myself too seriously.  Here's an excerpt from our workout:
*Andrew & I are both trying to balance in ridiculous positions*

Andrew: "hiyaaaah!"   "waaah!"
Kelly:  "ha! you're crazy. what are you doing?"

*the P90X man tells us to move into the "Crane" stance*

Andrew: "Ooh, THE CRANE"
We both look and see what "the crane" is (a balancing act in which you place your hands on the ground and balance your knees on your bent elbows).
Andrew: "What?!  I thought it was gonna be crazy Kung Fu Crane!"
I proceed to try "the crane"
Andrew: "look at my awesome kung fu wife!"


I married the most ridiculous man.  He keeps me entertained.


So, there ya go.  Really random March post.  I promise April will bring more frequent, and therefore shorter, posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment