Friday, February 14, 2014

To the Guy Who Shovels My Snow

This quick blog post goes to my honey.
It's mushy to call him that in a public forum, but I don't even care. He is well deserving of all the mush, though he'd never let you think it. So, here I go.  It's gonna be mushy, but I want to honor him today.

To the guy who shoveled our snow off the steps (and out of the neighbors' parking spots too)
To the guy who works 50 hours a week
And goes full-time to school

To the guy who busts his tail all day, comes home tired,
And still hopes that Bram might need his Daddy to rock him
And sing him a round of "Wagon Wheel" (the OCMS version, of course)

To the guy who bought me gorgeous purple tulips
Because I like purple better than red, white, or pink anyway

To the guy who already rolls over in the morning and asks how our girl is treating her mama today
And makes sure to tell Bram to be a big man
And take care of mama while daddy is at work

To the guy who calls me "Sweetheart"
Not just on Valentine's Day
To the guy who tells me I'm beautiful even when I'm terribly sick and gross

To the guy who points me to Jesus
And reminds me to look back to the cross when I've looked away

To the guy who holds my hand
Through thick and thin, through joy and pain
The guy who meant what he said that hot July day when I took his name

You're a good man, Andrew Pritchett.
Thanks for all the wonderful, mundane, important things you do.
You love me so well.

Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment: