Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inspiration and P90X

This is officially my first blog post since I stopped posting on xanga a billion years ago.  That's right, people, xanga.  Ah, the memories.

Thank you to Elise McClelland for inspiring me to blog again. You're a good friend, and I love reading about how much you love your little family and the more raw things you share as well.

I'm going to keep this post light and quick, partially because it's my first post, and partially because I'm exhausted from 2 days of P90X.  Andrew and I have begun the workout and are dedicated to finishing at least 90 days of it.  I love to run.  Andrew likes to run.  However, I broke my foot last year, as some of you may recall, and need a way to cross-train so I'm not killing my foot with high impact 7 days a week.  Andrew needs a way to cross-train indoors while it's cold outside in order to prevent asthma issues.  The generous couple we live with purchased P90X and told us we were free to use it whenever we wanted.  Therefore, we've chosen death by P90X.  We started with Plyometrics; apparently this is "the mother of all the workouts."  Our legs are pretty wobbly after 2 days of Plyo.  We probably should have started with something else.  Oh, well.  On to the arms and shoulders workout tomorrow.

I do genuinely enjoy working out with Andrew.  He's encouraging, and he's not intimidating.  He also is good at making me actually wake up on time to work out.  I'm thankful for him.

I've got some thoughts I want to get out about Ephesians and authority, as well as women's ministry. That's all soon to come.

1 comment:

  1. love it. P90x killed us so much that we would celebrate just making it past the 30 minute mark HA! So excited about this blog!

    ReplyDelete